Knives In SC
I like guns and have been in a couple of discussions about gun laws here lately, what with the way the world is and all.
My true LOVE in weapons is knives. So many knives, so little money.
As part of my EDC (Every Day Carry) there will be a couple of blades chosen depending on what I’m doing.
Now, is it legal?
Yes, yes it is. In fact, most likely any knife you might have on you is probably legal in South Carolina.
This next piece is from the linked article…
WHAT IS LEGAL TO OWN
- It is legal to own a switchblade
- It is legal to own a Balisong, or butterfly, knife
- It is legal to own a Bowie knife
- It is legal to own a dirk, dagger, or other stabbing knife
- It is legal to own a stiletto
- It is legal to own a disguised knife, such as in a lipstick or belt buckle
See? Now here’s the tricky part, as long as you aren’t using that knife in the commission of a crime you won’t have any problems.
Anyway, I’m being lazy today. Check out this article from knifeup.com